We Fight For You After An Accident
When you have been injured in an accident, having experienced attorneys on your side is important. Insurance companies will do everything they can to protect themselves and lack concern for your best interest. Before you agree to settle, let our knowledgeable legal team at Modesitt Law Firm fight for you. We have over 50 years of combined experience helping clients throughout Indiana and Illinois.
What Is Personal Injury?
If you have sustained an injury to your body, mind or emotions as a result of another party’s negligence or wrongful act, you have a personal injury case. The experienced attorneys at Modesitt Law Firm will review your case to determine whether you are entitled to compensation. We handle all types of cases, including:
- Wrongful death
- Defective products
- Slip and falls
- Disability claims
In the eyes of the law, an individual or entity is negligent when they fail to act with the same level of caution that a sensible person, under the circumstances, would act with. Our team will thoroughly examine your case to determine when and where negligence played a role.
What To Do After An Accident
If you’ve been involved in an accident, call 911 and then:
- Seek medical treatment for injuries.
- Report the accident to your insurance company.
- If able, collect the names/telephone numbers of all witnesses.
- Call Modesitt Law Firm to ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
- Follow your doctor’s advice and go to scheduled appointments.
- Keep detailed records of all medical bills, repair costs and recovery time.
- Discuss the accident or admit fault to the other driver.
- Give a statement to the other insurance company without an attorney present.
- Sign medical release authorization which gives the other insurance company access to medical records.
- Engage in compensation negotiations without an attorney present.
The right attorney will be able to guide you through this complex process. We are here to help you do just that.
Call Today For An Initial Consultation
Do not suffer any longer. Call our office in Terre Haute at 812-903-9428 today to schedule a consultation. You can also email us by clicking here. We serve central Indiana, Illinois, Terre Haute and Vigo, Sullivan, Clay Vermillion Counties.