ACCIDENT & INJURIES
WE FIGHT FOR YOU
When you’ve been injured in an accident, having experienced attorneys on your side is important. Insurance companies will do everything they can to protect themselves and lack concern for your best interest. Before you agree to settle, let our legal experts at Modesitt Law Firm fight for you!
• Personal Injury
• Wrongful Death
• Defective Products
• Slip & Fall
WHAT IS PERSONAL INJURY?
If you’ve sustained an injury to your body, mind, or emotions as a result of another party’s negligence or wrongful act, you have a personal injury case. The experienced attorneys at The Modesitt Law Firm will review your case to determine whether or not you’re entitled to compensation.
WHAT IS NEGLIGENCE?
In the eyes of the law, an individual or entity is negligent when they fail to act with the same level of caution that a sensible person, under the circumstances, would act with. Your knowledgeable lawyer from Modesitt Law Firm will thoroughly examine your case to determine when and where negligence played a role.
WHAT TO DO AFTER AN ACCIDENT
If you’ve been involved in an accident, call 911 and then:
- Discuss the accident or admit fault to the other driver.
- Give a statement to the other insurance company without an attorney from Modesitt Law Firm present.
- Sign medical release authorization which gives the other insurance company access to medical records.
- Engage in compensation negotiations without an attorney from Modesitt Law Firm present.
WHY MODESITT LAW FIRM?
The experienced attorneys at Modesitt Law Firm have been fighting the insurance companies for more than 35 years and have handled countless multi-million dollar cases in Vigo County. Our attorneys will work tirelessly on your case so you can focus on recovery and healing. Modesitt Law Firm is caring, compassionate, and accessible for any questions or concerns regarding your case.
If you’re looking for a team of lawyers who you can trust, you’ve come to the right place. Contact Modesitt Law Firm today for a free consultation. There is never a fee until we win your case or settle a financial recovery.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Yes. Although an injury may seem minor, pain can worsen as time goes by. Even a minor injury can result in missed work, medical bills, and physical problems later in life. Filing a claim can protect you from hardships that may occur later but are a direct result from the accident. Always call the Modesitt Law Firm to assess your accident and options.
- The attorneys at Modesitt Law Firm will represent YOUR best interests. Insurance companies hire experienced attorneys to help keep THEIR costs at a minimum- you don’t want to face them alone.
- We will help you recover money for lost time at work, medical bills, and future inconveniences resulting from the accident.
- We will help you get medical treatment immediately but defer payment for your treatment until later to make sure you are compensated for all your medical bills.
- We have more than 35 years of experience both in and out of the courtroom. Modesitt Law Firm has earned a reputation of honesty and integrity among our clients and peers.
There are time limits for making claims and if you wait too long and the deadline passes, your claim will be barred. It’s important that you get legal advice promptly. The longer you wait, the harder it can be to find witnesses and to gather evidence that can reduce or even prevent your compensation.
Do not take the money. It is extremely important for accident victims to have a lawyer’s help when an insurance adjuster is trying to settle the case. In most cases, the full extent of many injuries is not known for some time until after the accident. It is also important to have the experience and expertise of an attorney to help you evaluate your potential losses. If you sign away your rights now, you may discover later that your injuries and losses were far worse than what you originally thought. Adjusters work for the insurance company…NOT FOR YOU…and their job is to pay you as little as possible.
Yes, in most cases and in almost every state, accident victims can recover money even if they are partly to blame for the accident.
Yes. In most cases your own insurance may pay you benefits even if the driver who hit you has no insurance.
Most injury claims are handled on a contingent fee basis. At Modesitt Law Firm, you don’t pay anything if we don’t win your personal injury case.
SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION
WITH MODESITT LAW FIRM